WHAT DOES THE BIBLE SAY ABOUT THE FALL?
A Devastating Decision (Genesis 3)
Story Setup: Know It- Real Satan, Literal Adam & Eve, Paradise Lost
Suffering - Living in a Fallen World: Continual Consequences - Disease, Disaster, Discord, Death
Woman’s Consequences – Genesis 3:16 “To the woman he said, ‘I will surely multiply your pain in childbearing; in pain you shall bring forth children. Your desire shall be for your husband, and he shall rule over you.”
Man’s Consequences – Genesis 3:17-19 “And to Adam he said, ‘Because you have listened to the voice of your wife and have eaten of the tree of which I commanded you, ‘You shall not eat of it,’ cursed is the ground because of you; in pain you shall eat of it all the days of your life;  thorns and thistles it shall bring forth for you; and you shall eat the plants of the field.  By the sweat of your face you shall eat bread, till you return to the ground, for out of it you were taken; for you are dust, and to dust you shall return.’”
Separation: Cast Out
therefore the LORD God sent him out from the garden of Eden (Genesis 3:23)
Solution: Relationship Restored
The Gospel Solution: Eternal Forgiveness
Real Christ Literal Death & Resurrection Paradise Restored
5 Ways to Respond to Satan’s Work
- Resist: Incredible Power– “Resist the devil & he will flee from you.” (James 4:7)
- Avoid: Relational Interference: - “Who shall separate us from the love of Christ?”(Romans 8:39)
- Clear Up: Communication Confusion: “father of all lies” (John 8:44)
- Put Off: Persuasion for Passion– “passions are at war within you” (James 4:1)
- Watch Out: Ongoing Presence - “Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour” (1 Peter 5:8)
4 Questions to Ask to See Sin
(1 John 2:16) all that is in the world—the desires of the flesh and the desires of the eyes and pride of life—is not from the Father but is from the world.
- Is it Physically or Spiritually Edifying? Desires of the Fleshv.6 So when the woman saw that the tree was good for food
- Is it Covetous or God-Glorifying? Desires of the Eyes. v.6 and that it was a delight to the eyes
- Is it Self-Centered or God-Centered? Pride of Life. v.6 and that the tree was to be desired to make one wise
- Who is Offering It? From the world. v.6 she took of its fruit and ate, and she also gave some to her husband who was with her, and he ate.