Is My Home Healthy?
 “Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one.  You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might.  And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart.  You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise.  You shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes.  You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates. (Deuteronomy 6:4-9 ESV)
Fix Your Priorities - How can I tell what my priorities are? (Ephesians 5:15-16)
o How do I spend my time when I am home?
o What do I find myself thinking most about?
o What do I get excited, angry, or depressed about?
o How do I allocate money?
o Whom do I invest my talents in?
o What subjects are easy for me to talk about?
• Who are God’s priorities for me?
o God. Spouse. Kids. Family.
o Home-less: Orphans & Widows
o Fellow Christians.
o Coworkers. Neighbors. Strangers.
Make Your Home God-Centered (Deuteronomy 6:4-9)
Devotional – individual and family, Scripture – teach, memorize, live, Quality Time Together - Love
Make a Home for Your Marriage (Ephesians 5:22-33)
- Let marriage be held in honor among all, and let the marriage bed be undefiled, for God will judge the sexually immoral and adulterous. (Hebrews 13:4)
- However, let each one of you love his wife as himself, and let the wife see that she respects her husband. (Ephesians 5:33)
Make a Home for Your Kids (Ephesians 6:1-4) Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger, but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord. (Ephesians 6:4)
• Commanding –> Coaching –> Cheering
Make a Home for Your Family (1 Tim 5:1-8) But if anyone does not provide for his relatives, and especially for members of his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.
Make a Hospitable Home (1 Peter 4:8-9)
• Christian brothers & sisters (Romans 12:10,13)
• Neighbors, Friends, Strangers (Hebrews 13:2)
Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins. Show hospitality to one another without grumbling. (1 Peter 4:8-9)
Make a Home for the Home-Less (James 1:27) Religion that is pure and undefiled before God, the Father, is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world.
- Unborn: Give justice to the weak and the fatherless; maintain the right of the afflicted and the destitute. Rescue the weak and the needy; deliver them from the hand of the wicked. (Psalm 82:3-4)
- Orphans (John 14:18, Romans 8:15) - Adoption & Foster Care
- Widows with Family (1 Timothy 5:4)
- Widows without Family (1 Timothy 5:16)
- Prisoners: “Remember those who are in prison, as though in prison with them, and those who are mistreated, since you also are in the body.” (Hebrews 13:3)