WHAT DOES THE BIBLE SAY ABOUT ABORTION?
Six Scriptural Reasons Abortion is a Problem
- (Exodus 20:13) You shall not murder.
- (Proverbs 31:8) Open your mouth for the mute, for the rights of all who are destitute.
- (Jeremiah 1:5) Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you; I appointed you a prophet to the nations.
- (Psalm 22:10) On you was I cast from my birth, and from my mother's womb you have been my God.
- (Psalm 139:13) For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb.
- (Exodus 21:22-25) When men strive together and hit a pregnant woman, so that her children come out, but there is no harm, the one who hit her shall surely be fined, as the woman's husband shall impose on him, and he shall pay as the judges determine.  But if there is harm, then you shall pay life for life,  eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot,  burn for burn, wound for wound, stripe for stripe.
Three Statistical Reasons Abortion is a Problem in the United States
- # of American deaths in US military conflicts, 1776-present(236yrs)= 1,326,626; # of American lives aborted from 1973-2008(35yrs)=~50million
- # of homicides in US from 1973-2008 = 589,945; # of abortions in US from 1973-2008, ~50,000,000
- # of homicides in 2008 in US = 16,442, # of abortions in 2008 in US = ~1.21million
Three Statistical Reasons Abortion is a Problem in Kentucky
(the state we live in…for perspective)
- In Kentucky in 2005 the #1 cause of death was heart disease (10,572), #2 was cancer (9,943), & #3 cause of death was abortion (3,870).
- In Kentucky (2005) there were 3,870 abortion deaths; more than due to stroke (2,103), accident (2,264), flu/pneumonia (996) or suicide (548)
- In Kentucky in 2005, there were 3,870 deaths due to abortion; more than all of the combined deaths of those aged 0-44 (3,361).
The Impact of Abortion on our Population
Here are some tragic abortion statistics of how many adults we are missing in our adult population.
- 30,006,290 US Citizens cannot vote today...because they were killed by abortion from 1973-1993 (12%+ of the US Voting-Age Population).
- 230,000+ Kentucky Citizens cannot vote today because they were killed by abortion from 1973-1993 (7% of Kentucky Voting-Age Population).